SeaWolf's profile

Mon, Jun 12, 2017 10:00 AM

SOLUTION: How do I activate a new phone?

Question

I got a new phone, how do I activate it and keep the same Boost phone number I have now?

Answer

Activating your new phone is easy!

1. Go to our Activation page
  2. Choose from one of the four options:  New customer activating a new line, New customer bringing a phone number from another carrier, Current customer activating a new phone or Parent or guardian activating a phone for someone under 13 years of age.
  3. Follow the prompts.  You'll be asked to provide the the ESN or IMEI/MEID of new phone and your account information, either from Boost or from your old carrier. 

If you are already logged in to your My Boost account you can also choose "Activate a new device" from the "I want to" drop down menu.

Responses

1 Message

1 m ago

Do you have to pay an activation fee to activate a new phone with you old boost number.

Boost Care

• 

1.9K Messages

Hi! Thanks for reaching out to us. We are glad to assist you. If you activate a new phone at the store, there is an activation fee, but if you activate it through the phone, online or through this channel, the activation is free. You'd only have to pay for the plan you choose.  

- AmyM25

2 Messages

18 d ago

Do I have to buy a new SIM Card? Or can I use my old SIM Card? I have an Iphone 6 with Boost right now and I want to upgrade to an unlocked Iphone 12.

2 Messages

Also is the Iphone 12 unlocked from apple compatible to swap to that on the website? Or do I have to go into a store. Do i just pop the sim card in and follow the steps for changing, or change first, then sim card

Boost Care

• 

2.6K Messages

Hi there, Alex2016. Thanks for contacting us.

You can check whether a phone is compatible with our Expanded Network here: 

https://boost.co/2WhR78q 

If it is, you can order a SIM card for the activation right there. 

23 Messages

12 d ago

i just ordered an iphone 8 through ur website, i have an iphone 6 when it gets here do i have to pay to activate and keep my same number maybe like an upgrade fee or something?

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

- Royt

23 Messages

im not quite sure what to do?

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi. Thanks for contacting us. You can do a phone swap at no extra cost by using our website (My Boost) or contacting customer care. - Royt

23 Messages

the phone arrived and i tried to activate the phone and swap my old sim into it and it doesnt seem to be working

Boost Care

• 

1.7K Messages

Please try again to do the swap using the new SIM that came with the new device. - Royt