I

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 4:25 AM

called to upgrade to new SIM card, told I could not keep my same phone plan

I called to upgrade to new SIM card (I got in the mail 2 months ago), I was told I could not keep my same phone plan, and needed to upgrade to a plan that was $10 more per month. I did not install the new SIM card and said I did not want to upgrade to a more expensive plan. Do I have to upgrade the SIM? 

Responses

Boost Care

• 

502 Messages

25 d ago

Hello Diane! We understand you don’t have to make changes at this time.  Just so you’re aware, the network that you’re currently on today will be shut down in January 2022, and you will need to move over to the Boost Expanded Data Network eventually to maintain your services with Boost. Your phone will continue working on this network until that time. When you are ready to take advantage of the upgraded Expanded Data Network, please reach out to us and we will be happy to send you the Expanded Data Network SIM card.

1 Message

@Ojay76  how do i know if i got the new sim card??? I got a new phone couple months ago and got the sim card in store is that a new one 

Boost Care

• 

502 Messages

Hello Audrey! If you got your phone a couple of months ago you have a new sim card. 

27 Messages

SIMs for old Sprint network that's shutting down, are labeled Sprint. The Expanded Data Network card I received is marked Thales and uses TMobile LTE network. To use new SIM, my phone (Samsung s10e) had to be unlocked. Now it works fine.

(edited)